The celebs have been busy and I'm here for it! Let's get started!
* All remains quiet on the DomLil front. Perhaps Dominic West has ever so thoughtfully put a pause on his philandering for the holidays? The gift of keeping it in your pants – how generous! Meanwhile, West was previously quoted as saying, "I think women should be more indulgent of affairs. I really do. It’s daft to kick someone out over a fling. Isn’t it? Everyone should turn a blind eye to men’s behaviour between the ages of 40 and 50. Let it all blow over." What a catch! Stay tuned.
* It’s no secret that Bey & Jay’s birthdays should be national holidays. Today it’s Mr. Shawn Carter’s turn, so pop a bottle of Ace of Spades, toast this master, and send him all our love! Here’s to many more, Jay-Z.
* Speaking of Jay-Z, one of my favorite lyrics of his includes, “I’m not a Jonas… I use my cojones” (from “On to the Next One”). Which reminds me, it’s been more than a year of marriage for the youngest Jonas, Nick, and his ridiculously hot wife, Priyanka Chopra, who celebrated their first wedding anniversary on December 1st. Congrats to those crazy kids, and that looooong lost purity ring!
* More hot couple news: rumor has it that Rihanna and A$AP Rocky have finally made it official! The longtime friends have possibly been involved since January, following her split with her billionaire ex, Hassan Jameel. RiRi is famous for playing it close to the vest when it comes to her personal life, but it seems the clues have been out in the open for a while, given that she featured Rakim in her Fenty Skincare campaign. Those pictures are smoldering, so… yeah. It’s been on for months! I think it’s safe to say we’re all thrilled with this gorgeous pairing. In a year bereft of much happiness, this is a salve. Of course, one person who’s surely not happy with the reveal would surely be once-hopeful suitor Drake. I guess “Laugh Now, Cry Later” was prescient! Maybe the news that Barack Obama wants Drake to play him, should a biopic about the best President ever get made, will help dry his salty tears?
* American Idol cutie Kelly Clarkson is on the struggle bus with the rest of us – she’ll be wrapping up 2020 (aka the worst motherfucking year) embroiled in a nasty divorce. She and husband Brandon Blackstock have been married since 2013 and have two children. Needless to say, their separation is already rife with complications, given that she’s under the management umbrella of his father’s company. It’s a he said/she said, with the Blackstock camp attempting to hold Clarkson to a verbal agreement, while Kelly is claiming they took her on as a client without a management license. Meanwhile, Brandon has filed for spousal support, requesting a staggering $436,000 A MONTH. I don’t know – do you think that’s enough? Kelly, no fool, has snagged the infamous Laura Wasser as her attorney. Ms. Wasser is Hollywood’s go-to divorce lawyer, representing, well, just about everyone, and I literally did a fist pump when I heard Clarkson nabbed her. Team Kelly.
* The British Royal Family is still bitching about The Crown! Where is that famous stiff upper lip? They’re continuing to cry foul on the accuracy of the “Diana Years,” but Netflix ain’t having it, posting rebuttals that include Diana’s own words. The gone-too-soon Princess has always had the ability to unnerve the BRF and I applaud that she can still do it from the grave. She deserves an afterlife of revenge. Meanwhile, this tweet from The Economist sums it up best. Might be time to throw in the (tea) towel, Elizabeth!
* Glenn Close threw a little bit of well-deserved shade Gwyneth Paltrow’s way recently, claiming she was surprised at Paltrow’s 1999 Oscar win for Shakespeare in Love, saying it “didn’t make sense" to her. Honey, you are not alone! Of course, in retrospect, Gwyneth’s win coincided with Harvey Weinstein’s infamous Hollywood reign, where he was known for finagling wins in some pretty unsavory ways. So… take from that what you will. Meanwhile, Glenn herself still remains Oscar-free, despite seven nominations. Needless to say, the acting legend is due – but it most likely won’t be Hillbilly Elegy that gets her over the line. The Ron Howard “poverty porn” flick has received some pretty brutal reviews. I’d rather put forks in my eyes than watch it, so you’ll have to let me know if you dive in. It’s not gonna be me that’s going there!
* We’ve got some sanity coming on the horizon! President-elect Joe Biden has revealed his plan to keep the lovely Dr. Anthony Fauci on as part of his administration, as well as implementing a “100 Days of Masks” plan to begin as soon as he’s inaugurated. (January 20th cannot come soon enough!) I am so looking forward to some leadership that includes a plan to get this damn thing under control – I very much want to hug my niece again in this lifetime! (By the way, if you want to help Biden & Harris ensure that their tenure is effective, please consider donating time and/or money to help elect Jon Ossoff for the Georgia Senate runoff election. Let’s flip the Senate floor Blue!)
Meanwhile, in related shameless self-promotion news, my husband is quoted in Rolling Stone this week! My honey was interviewed as part of a roundup of recording studio owners and how they’re dealing with the pandemic, where he calls out tRump for his “atrocious” handling of the deadly disease. Color me proud!
* Need a lift? My Pandemic Pick this week is Mike Birbiglia’s podcast Working It Out. It’s so fun, funny, and inspiring. Bonus: it’s free, so treat yourself to some laughs. You deserve it! Stay safe, my friends. xo